Monday, January 23, 2012

Car Trouble

Now that I'm not standing on my feet all day behind a demo table I can continue my random update blogs throughout the day.

This day has been a roller coaster ride. I tried to fall asleep early last night since I've been up so late every night previously, but your body gets in the habit and habits don't die easy as they say. So I ended up finally falling asleep around 1. The cat kept coming in and meowing to be let outside. Every time I would get up to let her out she had already given up and walked out of the room (I'm not sure how much time elapsed in those periods). Then once she came in and ate (yes, her food is in the bedroom) and that was loud as well. All in all, not a very restful night.

This morning woke up early for an appointment out in Anaheim Hills. It was a desired appointment that was quite welcome and the price was decent so that was a nice start to the day. Then it was on to the car shop.

After they drove my car around apparently my brake pads and rotors are both shot. I've changed them before and they didn't sound like this so I don't know why it's different sounding this time, but it is. Anyway, I also needed my oil changed so with all of that I'm left with just a meager amount in my savings account. They had even worse news then the cost of the bill for me though. I have a hitch on the back of my car with a bike rack on it. I've noticed it tilting quite a bit and so I asked them to see if it was the hitch of the rack. They said it's my car!!!!  The frame of my car is apparently rusted out (even though I've been very careful to always park it in none sandy or salty climates) and the hitch and rack are not the problem but they should definitely be removed. That means I can't put a small uhaul trailer on my car, nor my bike rack. How in the world am I supposed to get anywhere now????  This shop doesn't weld otherwise I'd have them temporarily fix the problem for me, but they can't. So now I also have to try and find a place that will weld my car frame without charging me everything I have.

I don't know what to do. It makes me so frustrated to know I can work, and that I want to work and that I'm qualified to work but that I'm stuck here with no work. I can't pay these bills anymore. I don't have a credit card. And I don't have a job. My violin is still in payments. Maybe I should sell it. Go back to playing on the old factory made cheap one that no good symphony will hire me if I'm playing. I don't really have anything else to sell. I suppose I could sell my cello, but I wouldn't make much on it. It's not appreciating like my violin and I don't have another cello either.

Honestly, I just want to go home, crawl in the shower and cry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment