Friday, February 10, 2012

Boardwalk Empire plays Naughty Marietta

I've been watching the tv series Broadway Empire. Yesterday I was watching episode six I believe and what music did I hear in the background but the main theme from Naughty Marietta, Ah Sweet Mystery of Life!


I have had the amazing privilege of performing this operetta live and also play the solos for the show. I still remember how wonderful and moving this song is and the story behind it in the play. Please enjoy the YouTube clip and if you didn't already know this song may your life be more full with its sound.


Here is the link to a lovely version on YouTube sung by Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy. The lyrics are pasted below. It's such a wonderful love song and I was shocked but very happy to hear it as background music in Boardwalk Empire. Kudos to the sound team!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_m7unArv8g

"Ah! Sweet Mystery of Life"

AH ! SWEET MYSTERY OF LIFE
Ah! Sweet mystery of life
At last I've found thee
Ah! I know at last the secret of it all;
All the longing, seeking, striving, waiting, yearning
The burning hopes, the joy and idle tears that fall!
For 'tis love, and love alone, the world is seeking,
And 'tis love, and love alone, that can repay!
'Tis the answer, 'tis the end and all of living
For it is love alone that rules for aye!
Love, and love alone, the world is seeking,
For 'tis love, and love alone, that can repay!
'Tis the answer, 'tis the end and all of living
For it is love alone that rules for aye!

No comments:

Post a Comment