Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm aware that this post is written the day after and therefore not technically on Valentine's Day, but I fell asleep writing it last night so you'll just have to bear with me and forgive me as such.

Today was semi productive (tomorrow hopefully more so) in that I got in some good exercise and bought a bike light.

I purchased the Nite Rider MiNewt.150 Cordless Combo. I've already used them biking to and from volleyball! So far so good :)

Yup, I've been really wanting and kind of needing lights for a while. Technically I can drive, but I spend money on gas, and don't get the extra workout, and I have the stress of dealing with traffic.

I got the combo on a super deal plus I went while the store was having a 10% off sale on all merchandise so I scored as best I could price wise!

Hope I made the right choice. The cherry bomb doesn't fit on my seat post so I attached it to my helmet. I think that's just fine, but it is slightly annoying that I can't attach it where it belongs.

All the goodies that came in the box. Although I was mystified at the lack of detailed instruction manual. Usually there is a thick book with at least 6 languages, but I had to you tube some instructions. Thankful for the internet!

Then it was out to dinner ($0.55 wings and a margarita!) solo. It was a tasty dinner though company would have been swell...good company that is. My book and the sports on tv did suffice as usual.

But for my big treat, I soaked in a nice warm bathtub with bubbles and candles and a good book. Something I can't do on board ships that I really miss, especially after three hours of sand volleyball!


I tried not to burn the house down and I was successful. I didn't continue far in my book though. It was a long day of exercise and I was tired. But boy oh boy, the little extravagances I cherish on land; candles and bathtubs, libraries and bike lights; all these make for a fabulous land life!


No comments:

Post a Comment