Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My own excerpt of Ah, Sweet Mystery of Life from Naughty Marietta

Naughty Marietta is such a wonderful operetta and the music is divine. I've been so fortunate to perform it. As I watched the last episode from season one of Boardwalk Empire they played the violin solo which I have such fond memories of playing myself. So I've included a link for you to hear me performing the solo for Ah, Sweet Mystery of Life back in 2005 I believe.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11224794/Marrienette%20Dance.wav

I'm so glad this piece has been used in the series. It's not often I hear it at all and to hear it twice is simply marvelous. I definitely like the taste of the people who pick the music for the series; classic wonderful songs.

Thanks for indulging me yet again in my love of this music.

No comments:

Post a Comment