Sunday, June 9, 2013

Quercetin: a flavonol, plant-derived flavonoid found in fruits, vegetables, leaves and grains.

As many of you are completely aware I'm sure, it's allergy season. achoo. gazuntite.

Here's a short background of my experience with allergies and then I'll get to the quercetin.

As a child I suffered severely from allergy symptoms year round. It didn't matter whether outside or inside, animal, plant, dust, pollen; I was allergic.

My allergies were so bad that many nights I would sit up unable to sleep and just trying to breath. Finally, my parents took me to see an immunologist. I got pricked all over my back, and wouldn't you know it, I'm allergic to everything!

So I started on allergy shots. I got two shots twice a week for a while, and then once a week until I began my masters degree. My entire childhood basically!!

I was also taking prescription drugs to aid the shots and make my symptoms even less.

After a lifetime of drugs and shots I could live a mostly normal life without dying from the allergens everywhere. I still sneezed every morning, never left home without a full pack of kleenex, and took over the counter allergy pills every day. It was the best I thought I could ever do for myself.

Then I was told about quercetin. Being a hippie sort, I tend toward organic, natural, farm fresh, herbal, etc. So given the chance, I eagerly laid down the prescription pills and started a supplement of quercetin everyday.

I would like to now report that I've been off of the prescription pills for over two weeks. It's prime allergy season and I've been wandering around Indiana, Tennessee, and Oklahoma so I've had plenty of opportunity for really good allergy attacks and so far everything has been great!

And I mean fantastic! I rarely sneeze in the morning. Today I sneezed twice all day and it was in the middle of the afternoon. I blow my nose less than half the time that I used to blow it and my nose is definitely less runny too. My eyes are less itchy and my sinuses are less clogged.

All in all I'd say QUERCETIN WORKS! It worked for me.

Now there are a bunch of different things that quercetin is supposedly good for in addition to allergies, such as heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension and certain kinds of cancer.

You can read all about quercetin here and here.

This is what the natural plant looks like.


If any of you have used quercetin successfully or unsuccessfully, I'd love to hear your stories!


No comments:

Post a Comment