Monday, June 24, 2013

Here I go again on a new adventure!

It's finally time, yes finally I say, for another big adventure.

It's been nearly 2 years since I was last working full time on cruise ships. In the interim I've been getting odd jobs around the country in music, sales, home improvement, personal assisting, and anything else I could do that wasn't permanent so I could get a travel job.

The last 2 years have been a long and hard road of uncertainty, poverty, hunger sometimes, frustration and searching.

Through it all I never lost track of my dream even though it seemed like I should give it up and move on or as most people would put it, "get a real job (grow up)". But I don't conform to popular definitions or expectations. I never have and I never will.

Now, it's all worth it.

I'm flying out in the morning for Chicago where I will retrieve my visa and continue on to South Korea, specifically the island of Jeju.

 

I can't wait! A new place, a new language, a new culture, and new food, a new job, and new friends are all part of this new adventure on which I'm embarking!

Details are not firm yet so I will write more later on other aspects, but for now, this is where I'll be working and some pictures of the island.

  
 

And please, if you get the urge, VISIT ME!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment