Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Heart's Desires

So this is going to be a little post about conflicting desires of mine. Nothing deep, just fun.

The first desire is for a job...specifically a violin travel job....specifically in South Korea on the island of Jeju. More on this might come later if I get the job, but all you need to know now is that it would be six months spanning July through December of this year. I REALLY WANT THIS JOB!!



The second desire, although almost on equal level of the first desire, is to attend the contra dance weekend in Seattle this coming October called Dancing Fool. It is not only where some of the best dancers go every year, but this specific year also has my favorite contra band, The Great Bear Trio AND my contra mentor from LA, Frannie, as one of the callers. If there ever was a heaven on earth, being at this dance weekend would certainly be a candidate!



But I can't do both :(

Would somebody PLEASE invent body splitting so I can be in two places at once by then??

And while I'm on the topic, if I go to the dance I'll definitely need a new contra dress...fun tradition of mine that I like to get a new contra piece for every weekend. I don't go to enough weekends to make this tradition insane yet so I'm still sticking with it. Already picked out the one I want for Dancing Fool... It's even 50% off and would be hella cute on the dance floor :)

LACE HEM FIT AND FLARE DRESS - IVORY

In the worst of all possible worlds, I'll be neither on Jeju this fall nor in Seattle for Dancing Fool. This is where the song Glitter and be Gay comes to mind in a very haunting fashion mainly for the meniacal laughing part. Ironically from Candide, it certainly wouldn't be the best of all possible worlds. If you get this last reference please comment!!

And if any of you feel up to helping make any of my dreams come true I'll gladly accept any and all proffering toward that regard. Just let me know what I can do in return!!

No comments:

Post a Comment