Friday, February 22, 2013

Bisectional

Last weekend I performed with the Texarkana Symphony Concert at the historic Perot Theater. It's a beautiful hall and we had a fabulous night of Spanish inspired music.

The program included works such as the Carmen Suite by Bizet,  and a classical guitar concerto by Rodrigo performed by grammy award winning artist, Sharon Isbon.

But like usual, my life can never go as normal, nor as planned...

NEWSFLASH:

I'm now officially confused... *nobody laugh here*

This concert my music stand was as much in the percussion section as the violin section.

One good thing about this placement is that I never had any problem, whatsoever, in any way, determining where the beat was :)  One bad thing about this placement is that I can no longer hear out of my left ear...

The percussion section was great and all were a good sport to take the picture with me. You can see that my music stand was indeed in line to the right of all the other percussion music stands. One of the players stood right next to me and usually backed up to avoid being poked by my bow, but I couldn't move any further to the right because I was already partially blocking the entrance/exit off stage.

The concert was a lot of fun. There were a lot of laughs and a lot of bow tapping on percussion instruments and percussion fingers strumming violin strings!  It was a hoot!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment