Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Early to Bed....zzz

I'm actually quite content tonight. It's 8:00 p.m. and I'm all dressed and ready for bed. And I'm really really tired so I'll fall asleep within a couple hours and wake up at some ungodly hour tomorrow morning.

What a trip though. Monday and Tuesday were pleasant meeting friends and enjoying the company of new and old friends alike. Then today I got up early and hopped on the Amtrak at 8 a.m. only to sit at the same stop for another two hours before the train started. We were waiting for a person to come check the track further up the way. Then the train had to stop for clearance, then it had to stop for a bridge, then it had to stop for another train. All in all it took so long to get to Vancouver that I was 3 hours late. There were two Frenchmen traveling in the same car and they said in France if the train is over 2 hours late you get reimbursed. Wish it was like that here.

My afternoon had been shot and I was so tired and stressed from my friends waiting so long for me and me not having wifi nor phone service to communicate with them that my evening has been fairly lackluster as well. Didn't help that it poured for the majority of the evening. But I am with good friends with good food and good wine so despite the days occurrences I'm still happy and sleepy.

Tomorrow is my only full day here so I'll be up early to try to make the most of it before heading out Friday back to the USA. Traveling is much fun, but I nearly always wish I had more time. Even now, while I'm on vacation there is not enough time because I have to be back for a concert in the US.

So after a long day of train riding, several dark and dreary and rainy days, and after getting all snuggled up under the covers I'm ready to call it a night and get some sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment