Wednesday, December 19, 2012

It's 80 degrees and almost Christmas

Yep, you read the title right. I have relocated myself to Austin TX for the holiday season. Having grown up in the snowy and windswept northern country, I have come to greatly appreciate the ability to walk out the door at 8:30 a.m. in a light weight dress and jacket and be completely and sufficiently warm. It's wonderful.

What sucks is that I have to spend the entire day indoors working on my feet at a retail store. In addition to the fact that I'm tired and sore by the end of the day, I'm also hungry since the past few months I've spent snacking all day and now I can't do that. Consequently, it makes me even more hungry, which makes me more tired, which makes me inevitably more sore. And in the end, I won't be much richer for the sacrifice.

But, I am staying with a wonderful family, eating healthy (did I mention I have converted, at least for a trial period, to being a vegetarian?), working out, and enjoying the company of friends. Oh, and let's not forget the warm weather.  Who said anything about a White Christmas? Certainly not I!

So, I am working here for another few weeks until I can make my escape and wander off to another unknown location at this time. Wish me luck so I don't kill the yappy dog at the store, nor it's bickering owners!

No comments:

Post a Comment