Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!





















Today, yesterday, tomorrow, depending where you are in the world, was or is my birthday.

Last night the girls from the show threw me and our boss (who's birthday was a day before mine) a party. Now, I was just thinking a small get together to drink soju, but boy was a I wrong!

They had made our boss a cake and bought a very nice one for me. They had soju and pop and tea and coffee and we got chips and sweet breads to go along with everything. Candles and songs and heart shaped balloons too!






They gave me a beautiful present too! They had a picture taken in front of a dol hareubang and then etched into wood and framed! It is so beautiful and something I can keep to remember our time here forever :)











































I love that it has the date and Happy Birthday etched into the wood as well! What a wonderful memory keepsake!!



The cake box and the framed picture. They look so elegant together :)


YUMMY!

The frosting wasn't heavy or really sweet. It was almost a meringue. The cake wasn't to heavy or moist either and it wasn't dry. I don't know what flavor it is, but it wasn't too much of anything so it was good :)  And the fruit was tasty too. I would never have guessed that I would have liked a surprise birthday cake but I did!!  So grateful to the girls for getting this for me and lighting the candles and singing Happy Birthday in English!!!  

It's been so long since I had a birthday cake that I completely forgot to make a wish before I blew out the candles. Lol. Oh well, I'm sure there'll be a next time sometime but I couldn't have asked for a better party this time!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ADDENDUM

The birthday party continues...

This evening after shows and rehearsal I invited the girls over to my apartment and threw a dinner party with salad fixings, the rest of the birthday cake and some wild huckleberry pancakes thanks to some recent friends I made.

It was so much fun and I have a heart shaped balloon now hanging from my light and more fond memories. Although, we are all very tired now after a late night last night and a hard day today.

Here are some pictures!


 




The apartment is empty now, but I'm still happy...part of that is the soju :)

Thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday and made this day amazing and 
SO MUCH FUN!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment