Thursday, January 2, 2014

No fireworks, no parties, no countdown...just another day and another show.

This is my first post for the new year 2014 and you might be expecting some traditional topics, but seeing how I'm rather nontraditional, this will be a normal tourist entry. I love the irony of that sentence.

I worked New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, but today I had my much beloved day off and took advantage!

This morning I awoke early (8 a.m.!) and took a brief walk in the refreshingly warm day for this time of year. Then I returned home to breakfast and to get ready to go to the circus. Believe it or not, I've never been to a circus before, not in any country anywhere. I'd walked by the advertisements for this circus here on Jeju a couple times and it looked interesting so I asked my friend if she wanted to join me today and she said yes.

Last night after my Insanity workout I ate dinner with my neighbors and shared, in my very limited Korean, that I was going to the circus the next day with my girlfriend and my neighbor offered to drive us with his visiting wife and daughter to the circus (it's an hour and a half away from where I live). I took him up on the offer and this morning we headed to the Dongchun Circus!

It wasn't very big, but they had acrobats and contortionists and silks and swings and balance bars and strength shows and a juggler and roller skating and even some odd sort of male pole dancing.

It was a good time and I enjoyed it. I didn't take any pictures of it. There was no flash allowed and it was often rather dark inside.

Then it was off to EMart for some quick shopping and back home again where I just made a batch of no back chocolate cookies and am reveling in my day off by relaxating and watching White Collar and eating cookies for dinner. Please no one tell my mother :)



No comments:

Post a Comment