Saturday, March 6, 2021

Saturday: Suck or Succulent?

Saturday. 

Normally Saturdays are fun filled days. They are the best days of the weekend. They are the action packed or romantic filled or travel inspired days of the week. They are the stay up all night, forget you have to adult, enjoy your life while you can days. 

Or at least they used to be. 

I spent another Saturday cleaning up a mess from the night before (the kitchen sink drain pipe burst....yeah, that was fun). I spent another Saturday waking up early to dog vomit noises. I spent another Saturday cleaning up dog vomit on dog beds. I spent another Saturday tired and trying just to get through it. 

When did Saturdays become days I dread instead of days I yearn? 

When I worked on cruise ships there were no Saturdays so I can’t comment on that. Days were counted around sea days and port days as opposed to days of the week. I still prefer that method. 

When I traveled from orchestra to orchestra performing every weekend, Saturdays were fantastic days. They were days that meant I got to get on stage and finally put all the practice into play for a live audience. 

The whole 6 day work week in Mexico sucks. I suppose you can enjoy the stores being open but here it means people are working more than 5 days a week as opposed to someone working weekend shifts. There is no Saturday. Not really. There is Saturday evening when you are so tired from working a job for 6 days straight that all you want to do is crash. And there is Sunday where you have to be responsible because the next day you have to get up early to go back to work, and there isn't enough time to really go anywhere and do anything and get back. But there is no Saturday!

Granted, I don’t actually have a job here, so what am I complaining about? Technically, as a musician and as a writer, I work 7 days a week. And I’m okay with that, because I get to set my own schedule for the most part and my work depends on my dedication and responsibility. If I work hard and fast I have a lot more time for me than if I work 6 days a week. I also get to love love love what I do instead of putting in hours to pay the bills.

Another Saturday has come and has almost gone. I look forward to Sunday but with the dread that it's the last day of the weekend and not the first. Everything will start over again Monday and the horrid cycle will continue. 

I'm going to venture to say I'm not cut out for a 9-5 kind of job. Just existing in its world sucks.

I can only pray that soon I'll have satisfying sleep, more motivation, and a life full of succulent Saturdays!

What? You don't go down slides in poses? I don't know why not!


1 comment:

  1. Omg I'm so happy to share this!!! I've been thinking I've lost my mind and it was some mental case. I myself had my tubes tied after my 3rd child. I have a condition that makes having babies so hard on my body. About 6 months ago I too would feel something like "kicks" of course I thought I was out right crazy. I never spoke to anyone about what was going through. How could I? They'd think I was nuts!!! Well my periods have been getting so bad that I reached out to my best friend who also had the operation to see if she had experienced any symptoms with her periods since! Of course we were in the same boat. I broke down and told her I almost felt at times I was pregnant I felt so crazy just typing this out to her. I was beyond nervous she would think it was a nut case. To my surprise she also had similar symptoms. We both are researching what this could be. That's when I came across this website on Google of dr Itua Herbal Center. While scrolling through these comments I stumbled upon how he treated HIV/HHerpes also helped a woman to get pregnant with his herbal medicines. When I read what he had been going through I just broke down and cried for the longest time. Finally I got a help that I ever wanted I and my friend purchase Dr Itua herbal medicines and we both used it which was really effective it cure my cramp issues so I will recommend anyone going through some health issue to contact Dr Itua Herbal Center on E-Mail : drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats-App +2348149277967 He cure HIV/Aids, Herpes, Cancers, And other stubborn disease make sure someone here talk to someone about this who is going through the same thing as us. Ty for sharing. I now know we're not alone!!!

    ReplyDelete