Friday, March 12, 2021

In the Hands of a Stranger

Today I reached out to the mechanic (because he didn't reach out to me at all yesterday and all morning today). Found out he had no luck yesterday. All the parts he found are the same quality as what I already have. Apparently he started looking further afield and told me he found someone in Mexico City that claims to have the part "almost new" that will sell it with shipping included for the price I'd pay for a brand new one in the States. It's a hefty sum, but without it, I don't have my car.  

Granted, for all the work already done on my car, I did a price comparison and checked all the invoice items to verify that I was not being charged US prices and that there wasn't anything 'extra' going on. It looks like I've got a good mechanic. He's not easy to deal with if you're not there in person and he definitely works on 'Mexico Time', but I can't realistically complain about the price and the work so far. 

Now I wait. There is a stranger in Mexico City claiming he has the part in like new condition and will ship it to my mechanic. My future in my car depends on this stranger. Sure do hope he's honest and ships quickly! 

To ease my pain, I made and promptly devoured half a batch of almond oatmeal cookies. Used a combination of maple syrup and honey as the sweetener and added chia seeds. Tasty little things. Really helped my anxiety levels today. Not so sure about my waist line though.

Sorry, but I ate the cookies before I took any pictures :-)

Instead of picture of cookies, here's a picture of Denny Crane (under the command to stay with momma), patiently watching for the mechanic with me.
Of course, he's won over all the technicians!


No comments:

Post a Comment