Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Alive & Dreams

 The title won't make any sense probably, if you didn't see my last post, but I'm going to make the crazy assumption you're here because you enjoy catching up on my strange life, even though I haven't been good at posting for a long long time.

Truth is, I'm not inspired to post when I'm not really happy so it hasn't been a writing season for quite some time. And even less so during the fun newish, now oldish pandemic.

Trying to find a new me and learn a new life and all of that has shown me: 

  • I need to sleep until at least 9am no matter how many hours of sleep that actually is.
  • I am now a coffee drinker more than a yerba mate drinker even though I don't like the taste better.
  • I need in-person/live people-watching to survive a quarantine.
  • Shaunt T is still the man for exercise inspiration!
  • I am able to learn a lot about relationships and communication by watching The Amazing Race.
  • Lamps are amazing things. You never know what you will miss until you don't have it anymore.
  • I've never been unemployed for so long in my life since high school.
  • Wearing makeup during a pandemic doesn't help you feel more alive; more like silly.
  • I hate cooking. This is not something new. Just something verified by pandemic cooking 3x/day.
  • Video calls are more stressful than helpful. I'm old school and still prefer voice calls.
Ok, I think that is enough sharing for now. You get the idea. 

In the process of trying to find the new Ronda while not completely losing the old Ronda so that I can find work again one day (Who knew that violinists aren't commodities in the 'real' world and businesses aren't interested in the skill set of dedication, perseverance, focus, accurate and precise work, responsible autonomously, and fast learning required to be a professional violinist.), I'm hoping, yes hoping, to write more in the blog.

I can't guarantee the future and I'm big on not making promises I can't keep, so I will do my best to write a whole lot more :)

When I traveled the world for a living (yes, that was an awesome job), I had so much material I couldn't get it all written down. With life seemingly the same, churning out a mundane existence moving from one couch to the other, I'm not so inspired with fantastic tales of adventure. But, I do live in Mexico with a Dachshund of unparalleled personality, so I'm sure I can find something worth writing about once in a while, right? Well, that's the goal. 

I aim to write much more often here on this blog and if you feel so inclined, responding to me (respond to the blog email if you're a subscriber, comment on my blog, message me on fb, etc.) would be a wonderful way to inspire me to keep writing right now.

Hopefully I will have continuing reasons to keep writing and blogging and reimagining Ronda!

How is he so photogenic? I mean, he steals the shot every time! I am obsessed with my new watch band however.
Who knew 12mm quality watch bands were so hard to come by in Mexico?!


No comments:

Post a Comment